Dual Program Admission and Enrollment Procedure:
These guidelines are for those IOU students who are already enrolled in one of the programs of the Degree Campus and wish to enroll in one more.
- Based on the additional program you wish to enroll in, email the HelpDesk using the Contact form and attach either of the following documents to verify your eligibility.
- High School Certificate/Equivalent or Higher Degree for the admission to the Undergraduate (1-Year Certificate/Two-Year Diploma or Bachelor's Degree) program; or
- Bachelor's Degree for the admission to the Higher Diploma (BMAIS)
- Once your eligibility is confirmed, proceed to pay the semester registration fees for both of the programs for the upcoming semester. Please check this link for the payment guidelines.
- Once your fees are confirmed and logged, you will receive an email regarding the same after which you would be able to view them in your “Payment History” page.
- Contact the HelpDesk again and ask them to register you for the dual stream, mention the name of the program and stream specifically, and that your fees have been logged.
- Thereafter, you will be enrolled in the dual program and you will be able to access both the programs in your account using the “Switch Stream” portal.
Internal Credit Transfer:
Streams Other than the Intensive Arabic program ( IAP): If a student does not wish to repeat in the new stream the common courses already completed, he/she will be required to pay the internal credit transfer fees equivalent to one semester registration fees for every 6 courses. These fees should preferably be paid as soon as a student completes 6 common courses.
For the Intensive Arabic Program (IAP): If a student has already completed one or more of the courses of IAP (in streams other than BMAIS) and wishes to start IAP from higher level courses, s/he will be required to pay the following internal credit transfer (ICT) fees for each course:
- Low human development country ICT per course = $20 US
- Medium human development country ICT per course $27 US
- High human development country ICT per course $34 US
- Very high human development country ICT per course $50 US
These fees need to be paid at the time of payment of the semester registration fees for the dual enrollment.
Enrollment in the courses for both of the programs is done separately. So for example, if you are enrolled in BAIS and IAP programs, you will be required to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To enroll for the BAIS courses, switch your stream to BAIS using the “Switch Stream” link and enroll in the courses using the “Course Enrollment” portal.
- Afterward, switch stream to IAP using the “Switch Stream” link and enroll in the IAP courses using the “Course Enrollment” portal.
Students of the dual program will be able to access courses of the relevant streams on the respective learning area of the degree campus only. E.g., you will be able to access the DPSY courses only when your profile shows DPSY stream below your name, as shown in the below image:
Furthermore, the IAP courses will be accessible once you switch your stream to the IAP and it is being reflected in your account below your name. Relevant courses may be accessed using the “COURSES” tab.
- I am a dual enrollment student and want to pay fees for the upcoming semester. Will I need to make two transactions or just one transaction is enough?
If you are paying via bank wire or direct Paypal site, then only one transaction is enough. Just add in the comment box the name of the streams for which you have paid the fees while uploading your payment receipt on the site here.
However, if you are paying via PayPal auto system on the Campus, you will be required to pay fees for both of the programs separately through relevant stream account after switching the stream through the “Switch Stream” link. You may check further payment details here.