This question is related to the Campus Section of International Open University
Attendance and Recitation in Tajweed 101 and 102 Live Sessions are compulsory for all students who are enrolled for the respective courses. Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding Tajweed Live Sessions.
1. I missed some classes in Tajweed. Will I be allowed to do make-up?
Yes, if due to some reason, you missed or could not recite in any of these live sessions, you may apply for the makeup sessions through the “Tajweed Makeup Session Portal.” Check the “News Forum” for the exact date.
2. What is the maximum of missed classes that we are allowed to make up for?
- Students will be allowed to make up for a maximum of THREE pre-midterm and THREE post-midterm classes missed due to valid reasons.
- The makeup sessions take place before the midterms and final Exam periods of the semester.
- Makeup sessions' timings will be the same as the days and timings of the regular group classes.
- In order to avail the makeup sessions, students are required to submit an application as soon as they miss a class via the Tajweed Makeup Request Application portal and at least two days before the start of the study break period.
- The eligibility of the students for the makeup session will be decided by the Tajweed Coordinator on a case by case basis.
- Only the students approved by the Tajweed Coordinator will be allowed to participate in the makeup.
3. What if I missed more live sessions than permitted?
You will lose your grades.
4. What if I have missed more than three classes due to a serious illness?
Permission to make up for up to 12 missed classes (6 pre-midterm and 6 post-midterm) will be given to those students who have a serious illness and who submit documents of medical proof of such illness.
5. When should I ask for the makeup session? What is the deadline?
- Students are required to submit a makeup session application as soon as they have missed a class via the Tajweed Makeup Request Application portal and at least two days before the start of the makeup session period.
- For the exact date of the makeup sessions in the current semester, do check the deadlines on the News Forum.
- There is no possibility to make up the makeup classes for those students who will miss them.
6. I did not miss any class during the pre-midterm sessions but missed more than 3 classes from the post-midterm sessions. Can I make up for more than 3 classes?
No, you cannot.
7. What happens if I have missed all or most of the tajweed classes?
As marks are awarded for the recitation during the tajweed classes, it is compulsory to attend the tajweed live sessions. If a student misses most or all of his/her tajweed classes, s/he will fail the course and need to repeat it the next semester either with a grade transfer or start from scratch.
8. Am I allowed to email my group teacher for the makeup classes?
No, you are not. Please do not email your tajweed teacher regarding this issue as such emails will not be entertained by them. Only the Tajweed Coordinator has the authority to decide the student's eligibility for the makeup sessions so you must submit your request on the Tajweed Makeup Request Application
10. I have not received my grades for the tajweed live sessions. What should I do?
- The tajweed live session's recitation marks are given within the same week by the respective group teacher. However, it is the responsibility of the students to check their grade sheets and ensure that they have received their grades for the live sessions attended on a weekly basis.
- If for any reason a grade is missing, you should apply for a grade check via the Tajweed Missing Grade Report portal from Tuesday to Thursday of the following week. Please note, applications submitted after the allotted time will not be entertained.
- Marks in tajweed live sessions are awarded for the recitation and not simply for the attendance. If you do not recite in the class, you will not receive any marks.
11. I haven't received my grades for tajweed live sessions. I emailed the teacher but I did not receive any reply. What should I do?
- Please do not email your tajweed teacher regarding this issue as they will not entertain such emails. Only the applications submitted through the Tajweed Missing Grade Report portal from Tuesday to Thursday of the following week will be entertained and looked into by the Tajweed Coordinator until the issue is resolved.
- The portal will not allow you to submit an application after the passing of the reporting time for that particular week (Tuesday to Thursday of the following week).
- It is the responsibility of the students to check their grade sheets regularly and ensure that they have received their grades for the live sessions attended on a weekly basis, otherwise, they should report the missing grades accordingly within the allotted time.
12. My tajweed teacher does not come to the class on time and I have other concerns as well related to my teacher, what should I do?
- Please submit your complaints or/and concerns on a weekly basis as soon as possible via the Tajweed Complaint Report portal.
- The reported complaints/issues will be investigated by the Tajweed Coordinator and the Head of the Department as required until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
13. I have some complaints/concerns regarding my tajweed teacher, can I email/post them on the forum of the tajweed course?
It is strictly prohibited to post complaints/concerns about the Teacher on the forum. Such complaints will not be entertained. Please submit your complaints or concerns on a weekly basis as soon as possible via the Tajweed Complaint Report portal.
The reported complaints/issues will be investigated by the Tajweed Coordinator and the Head of the Department as required until the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.
14. How can I access the "Tajweed Make up Request Application" portal (1), "Tajweed Missing Grade Report" portal (2), and "Tajweed Complaint Report" portal (3)?
- The portals can be accessed from the Tajweed Applications section placed under the Request block on the dashboard
- The direct link is mentioned below and is also provided in the tajweed courses: https://campus.iou.edu.gm/campus/portals/tajweed/
15. How can I check my grade sheets and ensure that I have received the grades for the attended live sessions?
Please read this ‘How to’ article: https://campus.iou.edu.gm/campus/pages/images/knowledgebase/june2020/tajweedlivesessiongrades.jpg
17. I have verified my group placement and I am registered in a group. Yet, I cannot see the upcoming class link/links. What should I do?